New Zealand’s Greenhouse Gas Inventory is the official annual report of all anthropogenic (human induced) emissions and removals of greenhouse gases in New Zealand.
The 2020 inventory contains the emissions and removals data from 1990 to 2018, major emissions trends, and methodology used by New Zealand for estimating its emissions and removals. The inventory informs the Ministry for the Environment’s policy recommendations on climate change, and it enables us to monitor progress towards our emissions reductions targets.
National inventory report
- Volume 1, Chapters 1–15 (PDF, 7.7 MB)
- Volume 1, Chapters 1–15 (Word, 8.6 MB)
- Volume 2, Annexes [PDF, 3.4 MB]
- Volume 2, Annexes (Word, 2.9 MB)
- New Zealand's Greenhouse Gas Inventory 1990–2018 Snapshot (summary)
- Summary emissions data [Excel file (xlsx), 40 KB]
- Time series emissions data by category [Excel file (xlsx), 1.4 MB]
- Registry files - 1 [Excel file (xlsx), 17 KB]
- Registry files - 2 [Excel file (xlsx), 21 KB]
- Common Reporting Format output tables [compressed Zip file 18.6 MB]
- Explanatory information for New Zealand's Greenhouse Gas Inventory - see Related pages below.
Next inventory publication date
New Zealand’s Greenhouse Gas Inventory 1990–2019 will be published in April 2021.