When tyres are stored outdoors they pose a fire risk, and can leach toxic substances into the soil and harbour pests.
The Government is seeking feedback on its proposed national environmental standard for the outdoor storage of tyres.
The proposed standard builds on an earlier consultation in 2017.
Make a submission
You can submit your feedback during the consultation period using one of the following options:
- Use our submission tool. You do not need to answer all the questions.
- Answer the questions in the consultation document and email email@example.com
- Or post your answers to: Outdoor storage of tyres: reducing environmental risks, Ministry for the Environment, PO Box 10362, Wellington 6143.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to 8 April 2020 at 5pm.
- Following the consultation period, we will make recommendations to the Associate Minister for the Environment.
- Regulations are expected to be completed by mid-2020.