Access national environmental reporting on New Zealand's air quality. Stats NZ and MfE report on the state of different aspects of our environment every six months, and our environment as a whole every three years.
Environment Aotearoa 2019
Environment Aotearoa 2019 brings together data and findings from five domain reports (air, atmosphere and climate, fresh water, marine and land). It helps us view our environment as a whole in all its complexity.
Using five broad themes, the report presents nine priority environmental issues. Theme 3 is Pollution from our activities.
Our environment is polluted in urban areas is a priority issue under this theme.
To access the full range of information from the report see Environment Aotearoa 2019.
Our air 2018
- This document has key facts from the Our air 2018 report.
- Information about the state of our air, the pressures on this state, and what that means for us and the environment.
Air indicators [Stats NZ website]
- Graphs, maps, tables, and more detailed scientific descriptions of our key findings.
Datasets [MfE Data Service]
- Conduct your own analysis of the data.
- National inventory for 2015 of priority air pollutants.
- Summary information and statistics on the composition of airborne particulate matter.
- Methods used to compile the nitrogen dioxide concentrations data.
- This report presents a stocktake of black carbon concentrations and identifies the primary sources of black carbon.
Media release - From Stats NZ and the Ministry for the Environment.
Speech - Amanda Moran from MfE introduces Our Air 2018.
Environment Aotearoa 2015
This reporting provides an overall picture of our environment across the air, atmosphere and climate, fresh water, land, and marine domains including interactions between domains.
Information on air
Air indicators [Environmental indicators Te Taiao Aotearoa website]
Datasets – Air [MfE Data Service]
Air Domain Report 2014
The 2014 Air Domain Report presents information on New Zealand’s air quality. It shows the changes in our air quality over time and the associated pressures and impacts. It helps us identify and understand air quality issues at the national level.
Find out more
For national environmental reporting on atmosphere and climate, fresh water, marine and land, see the Environmental reporting homepage.