This discussion document sought feedback on policy proposed to implement the Waste Minimisation Act 2008.As part of the consultation process, we asked for feedback on five topics:
- revised targets for the New Zealand Waste Strategy
- identifying products that are priorities for product stewardship
- identifying funding criteria for the Waste Minimisation Fund
- monitoring waste in New Zealand
- improving the operation of the waste levy.
Submissions closed on 15 May 2009 and a total of 249 submissions were received.