Publication date: December 2019
Publication reference number: CR 404
This report summarises the finding of research which involved:
- a survey of regional councils and unitary authorities to better understand:
- the extent and nature of outdoor tyre storage in their region and whether this is causing issues in practice
- what plan rules or RMA provisions they currently use to address outdoor storage of tyres
- the costs of dealing with illegal tyre dumping and removing a tyre stockpile
- a desktop review of selected district plans to identify rules relevant to outdoor tyre storage.