The Minister for the Environment has released a proposed National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity (NPS-UDC) for public consultation.
The proposed NPS-UDC is a priority for the Government. The particular scope relates to the provision of development capacity in local authority plans to address both housing and business needs.
This consultation document explains:
- why we have developed the proposed NPS
- our objectives, policies and key themes
- how to give your feedback on the proposal.
Submissions closed on Friday 15 July 2016.
- the Productivity Commission’s inquiry into Using land for housing [New Zealand Productivity Commission website]
- Cabinet paper: Approval for public consultation on a proposed National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity