8.1 Making a submission
Any person can make a submission on the subject matter of the proposed standard. The questions at the end of each section have been gathered together below to help you to organise your responses.
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Your name and postal address, phone number, fax number and email address (where applicable)
- The title of the proposed standard you are making the submission about
- Whether you support or oppose the standard
- Your submission, with reasons for your views
- Any changes you would like made to the standard
- The decision you wish the Minister for the Environment to make.
You must forward your submission to the Ministry for the Environment, PO Box 10362, Wellington, or by email to email@example.com, in time to be received no later than: 5.00pm on 26 September 2008.
Note: your submission is public information and will be subject to release under the Official Information Act 1982.
8.2 What happens to submissions
The Ministry will prepare a summary of submissions. The summary will be available through the Ministry’s website, and hard copies will be available on request. Once submissions have been compiled they will be considered during the development of the proposed standard. The Ministry will prepare a report with recommendations on the comments and subject matter of the standard for the Minister for the Environment, including a section 32 (cost-benefit) analysis. The report and recommendations will be publicly notified. If the Minister’s approval is given to continue developing the proposed standard, the final wording will be drafted and the proposed standard made into regulations.