Publication date: January 2020
Publication reference number: INFO 915g
This document provides an overview for iwi/ Māori of the Ministry's climate change work programme. The programme is focused on:
- the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Act
- amending the Emissions Trading Scheme legislation to improve the scheme's operation
- options for reducing agricultural emissions
- establishing the Climate Change Commission
- climate change adaptation.
The summary also provides an overview of climate policy development across other government agencies.