The guideline is largely based on the following reports:
The Management of Historic Sheep-dip Sites, URS report prepared for WaiPAC by Louise Gibson (URS), Ministry for the Environment Sustainable Management Fund, 6 October 2004. This was based on the following reports provided by the DipSMF Management Team.
- Annual Report: Management Guidelines for Contaminated Sheep-dip Sites - 1 July 2002 - 31 December 2004, Stages 1−6 and Extension Activities Stages 3b, 4e and 5d, NL Babbage (HortResearch) and G McBride (WaiPAC)
- Contaminated Sheep-dip Site Discovery Methods - New Zealand's Experience, J Hadfield (Environment Waikato)
- Management Guidelines for Contaminated Sheep-dip Sites - Discovery, V Snow, B Robinson and B Clothier (HortResearch)
- Recommendations for Soil Acceptance Criteria Protective of Ecological Receptors for Contaminants Associated with Disused Sheep-dip sites, JH Cavanagh and LH Booth (Landcare Research)
- Report on the Management of Contaminated Waste at Cattle Tick Dip Sites in North Eastern New South Wales, report prepared by the Cattle Tick Dip Site Management Committee, 1992
- Review of Liability Issues Relating to Contaminated Sheep-dip Sites, M Harland and J Cowles (McCaw Lewis Chapman, Solicitors, Hamilton)
- Stage 1 Preliminary Report: Project Management, NL Babbage (HortResearch): A Chronology of Site Discovery and Investigation into Contaminated Animal Dipping Sites in New Zealand 1993-2002, G McBride (WaiPAC)
- Stage 1 Preliminary Student Report: Historical Review of Sheep Dipping in New Zealand, E Hofstee (Earth Sciences Student, Waikato University)
- Stage 2 National Estimates Prepared of the Numbers of Sheep-dip Sites in New Zealand, D Thomson (Massey University)
- Stage 3a and 4a Characterisation − Methods Used to Characterise Contamination of Dip Sites and Typical Contaminant Profiles, G Northcott and D McNaughton (HortResearch)
- Stage 5a and b Meetings with Key Stakeholders and Student Project Reviewed, NL Babbage (HortResearch) and G McBride (WaiPAC)
- Stage 6b Preliminary Report: Health and Environmental Trial Risk Assessments Undertaken on a Sample Range of Dip Sites, N Kim (Environment Waikato), 2003.
Chapman R. 2003. Investigations into Sheep Dips in the Raglan County. WaiPAC DipSMF Project. Output.
McBride G. 2003. A Chronology of Site Discovery and Investigation into Contaminated Animal Dipping Sites in New Zealand 1993-2002. WaiPAC DipSMF Project Output.
Northcott GL. 2005. Assessment of Sampling Strategies for Contaminated Sheep Dips: Final Report to Ministry for the Environment. HortResearch Client Report 2005/16090. The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Ltd: Auckland.
Pattle Delamore and Partners Ltd. 2005. Draft Sheep-dip Guidelines for Local Authorities. Ministry for the Environment: Wellington.