This technical note is one of two that was released to support the consultation on ‘other matters’ as part of the NZ ETS review 2015/16. It provides further detail on some operational issues not included in the NZ ETS review discussion document and sought stakeholder feedback on those issues.
- Encouraging compliance with NZ ETS requirements
- Disclosure of NZ ETS information
- Transfer of participation for post-1989 forestry
- Tree weed exemption provisions under the Climate Change Response Act
- The public’s limited access to information about the NZ ETS status of land
The other technical note sought feedback on the existing structure of forestry in the NZ ETS, and on ways forestry in the NZ ETS could evolve to support the changing international and domestic context. See Forestry technical note.
For further information on the NZ ETS review see the NZ ETS review 2015/16 discussion document. Submissions on the review closed at 5pm on 30 April 2016.