This document provides a summary of consultation responses to stage two of the 2015/16 review of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS).
Stage two focused on a broad range of issues, including:
- business responses to the NZ ETS
- protecting competitiveness through free allocation
- managing unit supply, including issues related to forestry, international units and selling NZUs by auction
- managing price stability
- operational and technical matters
- addressing barriers to the uptake of low emissions technologies.
Consultation on stage two matters took place between 24 November 2015 and 30 April 2016.
For further information on the NZ ETS review, see About the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme review 2015/16.