Find out how to apply to the Waste Minimisation Fund and how to be notified of the next funding round.
Information for applicants
Guidance for applicants
The information below is for reference purposes. This information will be updated for future funding rounds.
May 2019 funding round:
- For assessment criteria and strategic outcomes see About the Waste Minimisation Fund
- For more detailed information see the Waste Minimisation Fund guide for applicants 2019 [PDF, 17 KB]
- Waste Minimisation Fund 2019 application form [DOCX, 1 MB].
- Waste Minimisation Fund 2019 budget template [EXCEL, 17 KB].
Successful applicants enter into a deed of funding with the Ministry which sets out our standard terms and conditions for funding. The deed will be updated for the May 2019 funding round.
- Waste Minimisation Fund - Deed of funding [PDF, 220 KB]
Information on the Circular economy Ōhanga āmiomio
The circular economy underpins work that is undertaken by the Ministry. We recommend keeping these principals in mind while completing your application.
For instance, applications may incorporate the following initiatives:
- collaborative approaches to design out waste across supply chains
- multi-industry /industrial ecosystem networks (‘waste’ from one industry is food for another)
- new services and systems to share resources and assets more effectively (e.g., sharing rather than ownership models)
- new materials that replace toxic, single use or non-recyclable resources
- new technologies that promote or support the recovery and reuse of resources
- innovative products that avoid waste or make use of, and add value to, current waste resources
- new services to take resources out of the general waste stream and put them back into circulation through repair, refurbishment, remanufacture or reuse
- local infrastructure to support domestic resource efficiency and recycling
- community engagement to promote local circular economy initiatives.
Funding for specific projects
In addition to general funding rounds such as the May 2019 funding round, we fund specific projects from time to time. See Waste minimisation projects we are funding.
Updates on the fund
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'WMF registration of interest' in the subject line.
Phone: 0800 499 700