The role of the NZ Landcare Trust and the resources it offers schools and communities.
About the NZ Landcare Trust
The NZ Landcare Trust is a non-government organisation focused on sustainable land and water management with community involvement.
It partners with farmers, a variety of stakeholders, agencies, and community catchment and landcare groups.
The Ministry provides funding which enables the trust to operate a team of seven regional coordinators and support staff. The coordinators help communities manage their environments more sustainably.
Resources for communities and schools
The following resources are on the NZ Landcare Trust website.
- How to start a water catchment restoration group (PDF 657 KB)
- Good management practices to help your farm or lifestyle block
- Environmental Code of Practice for the deer industry (PDF, 1 MB)
- Hooked on Native Fish series
- Wetland Monitoring kit (Wetmak).
For more information visit NZ Landcare Trust website.