For the Jobs for Nature programme Te Uru Rākau has allocated $35 million from the One Billion Trees Fund for large scale planting and catchment initiatives to provide jobs in communities.
The One Billion Trees (1BT) programme is well placed to support recovery from the economic impacts of COVID-19. This is through targeted investment in tree planting and forest sector partnerships that create jobs, support economic recovery and deliver environmental benefits.
Te Uru Rākau is working closely with other Government agencies to identify and progress projects that will provide employment such as environmental planting at scale, and support economic growth such as high-value exotic and indigenous plantations.
One Billion Trees Programme [Te Uru Rākau website]
Ministers' news on the Beehive website
- 31 May 2020: Wetlands and waterways gain from 1BT funding
- 17 July 2020: Catchment restoration investment will drive clean water and more jobs
- 31 July 2020: 1BT funds create jobs and lasting benefits
- 2 August 2020: Big boost for Chatham Islands economy
- 25 August 2020: Jobs for Nature investments for regions