This page has the key milestones in the making of the National Water Conservation (Rakaia River) Amendment Order 2013 and related documents.
- On 16 July 2011, TrustPower applied to the Minister for the Environment to vary the National Water Conservation (Rakaia River) Order 1988 to enable consents to be sought for the Lake Coleridge Project.
- The application was submitted to ECan under the Environment Canterbury (Temporary Commissioners and Improved Water Management) Act 2010 and publicly notified by ECan on 15 October 2011.
- The hearing was held during parts of February, March and April, and completed in July 2012.
- The ECan report and recommendations was sent to the Minister on 4 October 2012.
- The National Water Conservation (Rakaia River) Amendment Order 2013 was made on 4 February 2013.
Find out more
Trust Power amendment application volume 1 [PDF, 16 MB]
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the technical reports contained in volume 2 and volume 3 of the Trust Power amendment application.
ECan report [PDF, 675 KB]
ECan report [Doc, 1 MB]