This page has the key milestones in the making of the Water Conservation (Oreti River) Order 2008 and related documents.
- In May 2005, the New Zealand Fish and Game Council and Southland Fish and Game Council applied for a water conservation order in respect of the Oreti River. The application was made under the Resource Management Act 1991.
- A special tribunal was appointed in September 2006 to hear and report on the application. Hearings were held in late January 2007 and in April 2007.
- The Special Tribunal sent its report recommending that an Order be made to the Minister in November 2007.
- There were no submissions made to the Environment Court.
- The Water Conservation (Oreti River) Order 2008 was made on 4 August 2008.
Find out more
Application [PDF 1.34 MB]
Application appendices [PDF 1.16 MB]
Supplementary letter July 2005 [PDF 19 KB]
Supplementary letter August 2005 [PDF 16 KB]
Special Tribunal report [PDF, 386 KB]