This page outlines the key milestones in the making of the National Water Conservation (Manganuioteao River) Order 1989 and related documents.
- On 3 December 1986, the Minister for Internal Affairs applied for a water conservation order in respect of the Manganuioteao River and the following tributaries:
- the Makatote River
- the Mangaturuturu River
- the Orautoha stream
- the Waimarino stream.
- The application was made under the Water and Soil Conservation Act 1967.
- A committee of the National Water and Soil Conservation Authority was established to deal with the application which was publicly notified in May 1987. There were 64 objections and submissions and a public hearing was held in November 1987.
- The committee’s report was made on 4 March 1988 recommending a draft Order which was publicly notified on 12 March 1988.
- There were no valid submissions made to the Planning Tribunal.
- The National Water Conservation (Manganuioteao River) Order 1989 was made on 6 March 1989.
Find out more
Application [PDF, 3.90 MB]
National Water and Soil Conservation Authority report [PDF, 1.84 MB]