This page lists the product stewardship schemes that have been accredited by the Minister for the Environment under the Waste Minimisation Act 2008. It also provides links to further information about the accredited schemes and how you can apply for accreditation.
What is product stewardship accreditation?
Under the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, the Minister for the Environment can recognise product stewardship schemes for their efforts. This recognition is known as accreditation.
The following product stewardship schemes have been accredited by the Minister for the Environment in New Zealand:
- Agrecovery rural recycling programme
- Envirocon product stewardship
- Fonterra milk for schools recycling programme
- Fuji Xerox zero landfill scheme
- Holcim geocycle used oil recovery programme (no longer operating)
- Interface ReEntry programme
- Kimberly Clark NZ’s envirocomp product stewardship scheme for sanitary hygiene products
- Public place recycling scheme
- Recovering of oil saves the environment (R.O.S.E. NZ)
- Refrigerant recovery scheme
- Resene PaintWise
- The glass packaging forum