On this page you will find key dates for applicants to the May 2018 funding round and information for future rounds.
Key dates for applicants to the May 2018 funding round
The application period for this funding round closed on 14 May.
Anticipated timeframe for decisions for funding round.
Anticipated timeframe for notification of successful and unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants begin Stage II Project Planning*.
Anticipated start date for successful applicants.
*Note: Projects cannot officially start until after Stage II Project Planning is completed and this can take 3 to 6 months. Please contact the Waste Minimisation Fund team if you require further information.
About the May 2018 funding round
The May 2018 funding round focused on projects that can accelerate our transition to a circular economy.
- collaborative approaches to design out waste across supply chains
- multi-industry /industrial ecosystem networks (‘waste’ from one industry is food for another)
- new services and systems to share resources and assets more effectively (eg, sharing rather than ownership models)
- new materials that replace toxic, single use or non-recyclable resources
- new technologies that promote or support the recovery and reuse of resources
- innovative products that avoid waste or make use of, and add value to, current waste resources
- new services to take resources out of the general waste stream and put them back into circulation through repair, refurbishment, remanufacture or reuse
- local infrastructure to support domestic resource efficiency and recycling
- community engagement to promote local circular economy initiatives.
Information for future funding rounds
Guidance for applicants
Note: the documents below will be updated for the May 2019 funding round.
- For assessment criteria see the About the Waste Minimisation Fund web page.
- For more detailed information see the Waste Minimisation Fund guide for applicants 2018
- Waste Minimisation Fund 2018 application form [DOCX, 1.0 MB]. Provided for reference purposes only.
Deed of funding template
Successful applicants enter into a deed of funding with the Ministry which sets out our standard terms and conditions for funding.
- Waste Minimisation Fund - Deed of funding [PDF, 377 KB]
Updates on the fund
To receive the latest updates on the Waste Minimisation Fund email email@example.com with 'WMF registration of interest' in the subject line.
Phone: 0800 499 700