This page has the key milestones in the making of the Water Conservation (Kawarau) Amendment Order 2013 in respect of the Nevis River.
- In June 2006 Otago and New Zealand Fish and Game Councils applied for an amendment to the Water Conservation (Kawarau) Order 1997 in respect of the Nevis River.
- A special tribunal was appointed in June 2008 to hear and report on the application.
- The Special Tribunal held its first sitting day on 3 November 2008 and heard evidence in parts of May, June and August 2009 and April and May 2010.
- It sent its report recommending an amendment to the Order in August 2010.
- Submissions were made to the Environment Court who held a hearing in October and November 2012.
- The Environment Court presented minority and majority reports recommending changes be made to the Order in respect of the Nevis River in June 2013.
- The Water Conservation (Kawarau) Amendment Order 2013 was made on 11 November 2013.