This page has the key milestones in the making of the Water Conservation (Buller River) Amendment Order 2008.
- On 2 August 2006, New Zealand Fish and Game Council and Nelson-Marlborough Fish and Game Council applied for an amendment to the Water Conservation (Buller River) Order 2001 in respect of the Gowan River. The application was made under section 216 of the Resource Management Act 1991.
- A special tribunal was appointed on 24 July 2006 to hear and report on the application.
- The application was publicly notified in September 2006 and in January 2007 with the hearing held in May 2007.
- The Special Tribunal issued an interim report on 11 July 2007 and a final report on 20 December 2007 recommending amendments to the Order.
- The Water Conservation (Buller River) Amendment Order 2008 was made on 1 September 2008.