This page has the key milestones in the making of the National Water Conservation (Lake Wairarapa) Order 1989 and related documents.
- In October 1984, three organisations applied for a water conservation order in respect of Lake Wairarapa.
- They were the:
- Wellington Acclimatisation Society
- Council of North Island Acclimatisation Societies
- National Executive of Acclimatisation Societies.
- The application was made under the Water and Soil Conservation Act 1967.
- The application was referred to the National Water and Soil Conservation Authority which publicly notified the application. There were 80 objections.
- An informal pubic meeting was held on 5 November 1986.
- The committee’s report and draft Order were publicly notified on 24 January 1987.
- Two parties objected to the Planning Tribunal but withdrew their objections.
- The National Water Conservation (Lake Wairarapa) Order 1989 was made on 6 March 1989.
Find out more
Application [PDF, 354 KB]
National Water and Soil Conservation Authority report [PDF, 1.02 MB]