This page provides information for anyone who has editing rights for this website. It explains how to choose a strong password, how to reset your password, and what to do if you think someone knows your password.
Choosing a password
It's important to protect your Ministry account with a strong password. Your password:
- must have at least eight characters
- must have a character from at least three different character sets:
- lowercase letters (a-z)
- uppercase letters (A-Z)
- digits (0-9)
- any punctuation or special character from your keyboard.
For example: Joe4965, welc0mE!, 56$alpha.
Passwords are case sensitive and can’t be the same as your last six passwords. It’s a good idea to choose a password that’s difficult to guess and your password must not be shared with anyone.
How do I reset my password?
If you have forgotten your password
Follow these steps if you want to change your password because you have forgotten it:
- Click on the ‘Log in’ link on the top of the page.
- Click on the ‘Request new password’ link on the Log in page. Follow the steps. You will need to enter the same email address or username you used when you created your Ministry login. This will then send a validation email to your email address.
- Click on the link provided by this email for the password reset to take effect.
If you know your username or password
If you know your username or password and want to change it, you can do this by going to ‘Manage my account’ once you are logged in.
I think someone knows my password, what should I do?
You should change your password immediately. You can do this online.
The Ministry for the Environment will never ask for your password.